Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Penzel Mueller Bel Canto clarinet


Here's another good old clarinet to come through the shop.
This one was made by Penzel Mueller and is marked Bel Canto,  apparently a lower end offering by them but its hard to tell,  the quality is so good!
I had to replace all the pads on this clarinet.  In the end it came out being a nice one!  The keywork is well made and feels good,  the tone is classic.   I'm not sure I've ever had a Penzel Mueller clarinet in my hands that wasn't at least decent.   Stay tuned in the next few months for another Penzel,  a "Professional" model that is currently in the lineup (after quite a few other projects!).
Although this was "low end" for Penzel Mueller I would consider this solidly an intermediate instrument.

No comments:

Post a Comment